I am also a part time masters student at Columbia studying computer science, with a likely focus on Machine Learning.
Being engaged: I aspire to be an approachable person politically but will admit I have found a lot to oppose in our new president :) so I focus on training progressives to engage in constructive political dialogue, including such forgotten skills as "listening," "not calling people racist when you don't know what else is wrong with their viewpoint" and so forth. I get plenty of practice with my own family and some of my peers! But really, we went astray with trolling Internet arguments and shouting matches at family gathering. Black lives do matter, but I personally can forgive someone if they need to sit down and talk about why and have some, ahem, skeptical questions.
Misc hobbies: Aspiring rock climber. Mostly I complain about my climbing gym but have great access to Central Park and have followed in the Gunks. I believe in productivity-as-a-hobby and focus on writing, messing around with bullet journals, etc.
New York, NY
Member for 4 years, 1 month
5 profile views
Last seen Mar 16 '17 at 5:43
- Stack Overflow 54k 54k 2828 gold badges141141 silver badges262262 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 14.3k 14.3k 44 gold badges3636 silver badges6767 bronze badges
- Mathematics 5.2k 5.2k 1414 silver badges3232 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 2.2k 2.2k 11 gold badge1111 silver badges2626 bronze badges
- Veganism & Vegetarianism 1.4k 1.4k 77 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 994 Proper use cases for Android UserManager.isUserAGoat()?
- 268 Convert UTC Epoch to local date
- 162 Has philosophy ever clarified mathematics?
- 103 When should an IllegalArgumentException be thrown?
- 99 We need to be a little less hostile
- 92 % of % - Please Help Me Prove My Friend Wrong
- View more network posts →