There are several nutrients that vegetarians and vegans may want to pay extra attention to. Currently we have tags for some of them, but not all of them.
Tags we have
Tags we don't have
- iron eg. How to obtain the best iron absorption from spinach?
- vitamin-a eg. Is Vitamin A plentiful in cooked or raw vegetables?
- vitamin-d eg. Are (plant-based) vitamin D₂ supplements as effective as vitamin D₃?
- omega-3 eg. Is Omega 3 missing from vegan diets?
- calcium eg. Do vegan diets contain enough calcium?
- zinc eg. How can vegans obtain sufficient zinc from whole foods?
I can imagine that somebody might visit this site looking for information about specific nutrients either after receiving a deficiency diagnosis or just from hearing about it somewhere else. Do we want to create tags for specific nutrients, or just keep things as they are and rely on the broader vitamins-and-minerals in combination with keyword searching?